Winter 2015/16 League Rules
Time Limit for League Games
- All games are doubleheader format unless informed otherwise.
- 6 innings or no new inning after 1:45 minutes for ages 11u to 17u
- Drop Dead at 2:05 for ages 11u to 17u
- 6 innings or no new inning after 1:40 minutes for ages 9u and 10u
- Drop dead at 2 hours for 9u and 10u
- 6 innings or no new inning after 1:35 minutes for 8u
- Drop dead at 1:55 minutes for 8u
- 7 innings games are now new after 1:55 minutes or 7 innings. Drop dead at 2:15 minutes
- 9 innings games are no new inning after 2:40 minutes and drop dead at 3 hours.
- Rosters will be provided in week 1 for all teams to sign in. This is to prevent players from starting on one team and jumping on another team during league play. A player that starts the season on one team may not play for another team during the season.
- Team Managers have until the end of week 4 to turn in a complete roster for their team.
- At the end of week 6 teams may add 3 floating players (FP) to their team. This is the final week to make changes.
- A team may have 2 players per team that miss the age cut off by one calendar year. In extreme circumstance a team may have 3 players that miss the age cut.
- May 1st 2016 is the cutoff date for the Winter 2015/16 season.
- Teams must have same color jerseys /t shirts and a number for the playoffs.
- Teams must also have numbers for the playoffs.
- Any dispute for on age may be petitioned to The Board of Directors for The Baseball Academy of Los Angeles Inc.,
Player and Managers Code of Conduct
- Each player and manager/coach will respect the umpires, the school property, and city parks we play on each and every week.
- Each manager/coach and players will play fair and uphold the integrity of the game and will respect each and every opponent they play.
- Foul language or any threats to players and umpires will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Any player or manager thrown out of a game will be suspended for the next game.
- If you wish to appeal a suspension or an interpretation of the rule a written request needs to be written and emailed to The League Commissioner within in 48 hours of your posted game time. If needed an appeal will be sent to and heard from The Baseball Academy of Los Angeles Board of Directors.
- 17u Wood Bats only
- 16u Wood Bats
- 14u BBCOR/-3
- 13u- Open
- 7u-12u Open
- 10 run mercy after 4 innings in 6 inning games
- 10 after 5 innings in 7 inning games
- 10 after 7 innings in 9 inning games
- A team may start a game with 7 players. At the end of 3 complete innings if the does not have the 8th player the game will become a 9 inning game. The team that has a complete team will be awarded the 2 wins in the standings.
- If a team starts a game with 7 players the opposing team will let them borrow one outfielder for defensive.
- A team may not start a game with less than 7 players.
- Courtesy runners are permitted for pitchers and catchers at any time throughout the game.
- Grace period is 30 minutes. After 30 minutes if the 7th player is not present it is recorded as a forfeit. The team that forfeits will pay the entire umpire fee.
- A team may choose to bat the entire lineup and have free substitutions for entire game. Or a team may choose to bat 9 players with subs, or 10 players with an EH (Extra Hitter).
- All other rules are governed by NFHS (National Federation High School)
8u League Rules
- Balk rule – each team will be given one warning before a balk is called.
- 5 run limit per inning
- The last inning is (when declared last inning) open runs.
- No stealing from 3rd base to home in the first half of the season.
- Only on over throws or a throw to a base shall a baserunner steal home.
- After 4 total walks in an inning given up by a pitcher (the walks do not have to be consecutive) the coach shall pitch for the duration of that inning. The coach gets only 3 pitchers per batter.
- The above rule is enforced to keep the game moving and keep the players active.